Credentials & Awards:
- B.S. Elementary Education, Hyles-Anderson College
- December 2016 – Charlottesville Family Magazine, “2016 Favorite Teacher of the Year”
- December 2015 – Charlottesville Family Magazine “Favorite Teacher Award”
- May 2015 – Z95.1 Radio “May Teacher of the Month
- April 2012 – Spirit FM “Teacher of The Week”
- January 2009 – Product Development “Top of the Paper Math Stamp”, Stamps Metric Conversions, Really Good Stuff
Ms. Parks has been a classroom teacher for nearly two decades. She has been teaching Kindergarten at ECSP since 2010. She brings enthusiasm, fun, and laughter to her classroom each day. She incorporates all learning styles in her daily lesson plans. She is passionate about her students and considers it a privilege to mold young lives for the Lord.
Ms. Parks has three grown children, whom she adores: Alyssa, Daniel, and Amy. Her beloved husband, Dan, died in a car accident 2008. Darlene now leads a GriefShare support group, which allows her to help those in grief.
‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’